SPECIALIST II (ACCOUNTING)
Posted on: January 31, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The purpose of this job is to provide timely and accurate accounting for assigned revenue. The objective is to ensure that all revenues are recorded monthly and to accurately maintain all accounts on the respective balance sheets through reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly/daily balancing with supporting schedules and worksheets for assigned cash accounts.
- Run SAP, and other reports as needed to fill information requests.
- Research, analyze and explain variances on cash accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient working knowledge of personal computers, terminal operations and spreadsheet software.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Goal and detailed oriented.
- Self motivated, ability to set priorities and completed projects.
- Willingness to work overtime, as necessary.
- Knowledge of all of CenturyLink's systems that support the cash accounting and ledger-closing process.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 208992
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Monroe , SPECIALIST II (ACCOUNTING), Accounting, Auditing , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!