LEAD INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER
Company: Lumen, formally CenturyLink
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies.The RoleThe Lead Information Security Engineer
is a member of the Information Security Governance and Risk team
that is responsible for delivering security requirements and
coordinating information security risk assessments to ensure
compliance with corporate policy, standards, procedures and
industry best practices. The Engineer will work with project
managers and developers to assess the security risks associated
with new applications and products; provide security requirements
based on the Information Security Policy; coordinate vulnerability
assessments; and present an overall risk assessment for the
project.-- Additionally, the Lead Engineer will provide guidance,
training, and assistance to junior members.The successful candidate
will have broad technical knowledge of current and emerging cyber
threats, as well as security technologies and methods used to
protect both corporate and customer-facing network
infrastructures.-- This candidate must be able to work
independently and as a team leader to develop and execute
strategies and consult with internal clients on advanced security
topics, providing designs, reviews, and recommendations in
compliance with corporate policy, standards, procedures, and
industry best practices.--The Main Responsibilities--
- Assess potential risks with new applications and products and
provide security requirements and recommendations for risk
mitigation to help the business succeed with their projects.
- Architect new information security systems and controls to
mitigate emerging threats and risks across the company.
- Consult as security subject matter expert with network
architects, engineers, and others on solutions to security
- Ensure reports and findings are delivered in a timely and
appropriate manner to management, operations and executive
- Assess operational business processes to identify opportunities
to integrate security risk assessments for greatest impact.
- Recommend new security policy, standards, best practices, and
system configuration standards. Consult with internal clients on
security topics and policy interpretation.
- Analyze requests for exceptions to the Information Security
Policy, identify risk mitigation steps that should be taken, and
make recommendations to the business for accepting the risks
associated with exceptions.
- Proactively identify higher risk areas of the corporate and
carrier infrastructure for assessment.
- Work with Product Development on new security-related product
offerings and services for customers.
- Coordinate activities across multiple departments and business
units.What We Look For in a Candidate--
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
field, or 8+ years of equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in performing security risk assessments
and application, system and network security.
- Experience with technologies, tools and process controls to
minimize risk and data exposure.
- Experience in network and/or firewall engineering,
administration, design and implementation including experience in
applying methodologies and principles for all levels of
- Must possess, or be willing to pursue, current applicable
professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT,
GISEC, CISM or CISA.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and comfort with
presenting technical issues to all levels of management, as well as
- Must possess broad technical knowledge of current and emerging
technologies used both within the corporate infrastructure and in
delivering customer facing services.Preferred Qualifications:--
- Knowledge of information security industry and regulatory
obligations (ISO 27001/27002, SOX, PCI, NIST Framework, FISMA,
FedRAMP, HIPAA, NACHA, SSAE-16 and GDPR).
- Application development and/or source code review experience in
C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, PERL, Python, or Java.
- Knowledge of project management practices.
- Experience in large Enterprise data centers and/or
networks.--Requisition #: 225531EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). --We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. --Job duties and responsibilities are subject to
change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, formally CenturyLink, Monroe , LEAD INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER, Engineering , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!