Field Technician, Utility Locator, Monroe, LA (Take Home Co Vehicle)
Company: Heath Consultants Incorporated
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Position Field Technician, Utility Locator, Monroe, LA (Take
Home Co Vehicle)
Req Code 3278
Location Monroe, LA
Full Time Yes
Duties Heath Consultants is seeking Utility Locators to work in the
Monroe, LA area marking underground utility lines.
Non experienced personnel start at $14 per hour with 4 reviews in
the first year and are eligible for up to $1.25 in performance
increases by the end of the first year.
- Experienced locators can start at a higher rate (to $22) based
on previous locating experience. Previous experience highly
- Great training program and company vehicle (take home) provided
along with a cell phone and laptop.
- Excellent opportunities to advance with a family owned company
in business for 87 years.
- Safety is our number one priority
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Approach all that we do with a sense of urgency
- Always do the right thing
- Treat others as you wish to be treated
- Strive for excellence in everything we do
- Provide an environment that nurtures growth and enjoyment
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Utility industry experience preferred but not required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer literacy (all documentation is computer
- This job requires traveling to service locations, it is
required to have a valid driver's license.
- Meets Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) requirements.
- Aptitude for basic math skills to calculate distances and
ability to read utility prints and maps.
- Within the first month achieve a Six Sigma Lean certificate of
- The job is primarily outdoors but may involve entering
residential and commercial properties. This work is performed under
all weather conditions. They may regularly be exposed to heat,
cold, rain and other elements of outdoor weather.
- Working in residential, urban, suburban, and rural areas as
designated by client.
- Heath Consultants is a drug free work environment, employment
is contingent on passing background check and a
pre-employment/random drug test.
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time on
varying types of terrain, to bend and stoop, and to lift heavy
items is essential.
- The utility locator may also have to perform physical
activities such as using a shovel to unearth utilities.
- Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although
some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.The Field
Technician, Locator's purpose is to provide a safe, quality service
in support of state and federal damage prevention programs, on
behalf of our clients for the excavating community.
- Follow all company, client, state, and federal damage
prevention program guidelines.
- Follow all company safety, quality, and operational policies
- Complete the Heath Consultants training and applicable operator
qualification program requirements.
- Represents the company in a professional manner.
- Using locating equipment to determine location of utilities,
mark area with paint and/or flags to prevent damage to utility
- Fulfilling the entire scope of the locate requests (tickets)
per damage prevention guidelines.
- Adhere to the vehicle policy.
- Reading utility prints and maps.
- Communicating professionally when interacting with homeowners,
contractors, and utility representatives.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the underground
- Meet overtime and travel requirements.
- Participation in rotational after hours on-call will be
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Key Responsibilities and Critical Success MeasuresHeath Consultants
is a growing, third generation family-owned company whose mission
is to provide safety services to the nations' energy suppliers.
We're looking for field technicians to join our team. If serving
your community, protecting the environment and working in a stable
industry with plenty of room for growth sounds appealing, then we
want to talk to you.
Action Oriented / Takes Initiative
Customer Focus / Customer Centric
Decision quality and problem solving / Demonstrates good
Drive for results /Achiever
Functional / Technical Skills / Technically competent
Integrity and Trust / Trustworthy
Personal learning and development / Develops self
Planning / Plans work
Priority setting / Focused on priorities
Time management / Manages time
Keywords: Heath Consultants Incorporated, Monroe , Field Technician, Utility Locator, Monroe, LA (Take Home Co Vehicle), Engineering , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!