Security Technician II - Monroe LA
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
We have an immediate need for a Security Technician in the greater
Monroe area. The Lumen Security team provides quality security and
life safety services, including installation, service and
monitoring of intrusion and fire alarm systems, as well as, CCTV,
Card Access, Nurse Call, Intercom/Music and SMART HOME systems.
Comprehensive benefits package
- Extensive training
- 401k savings with company match
- Fitness reimbursement (up to $25 per month)
- Wellness Rewards (up to $600 self or $1200 per couple)
- Survivor Benefit (6 months salary paid to surviving eligible
On-call 24x7 on a rotational basis, on stand-by, call out,
dispatch, and overtime are required as dictated by the business.The
- The Security Technician's primary responsibilities include but
are not limited to the following:
- Installation and repair of multiple types of systems including
Security, Life Safety (intrusion and fi re alarm),
- CCTV, Card Access, Nurse Call, Intercom/Music, Central Vacuum
and SMART HOME systems.
- Recommend, upgrade and maintain in-house and customer systems
including Central Station equipment.
- Up sell products and services to customers.
- Educating customers on proper operations of systems.
- Maintain vehicle, company supplies, and inventory.
- Complete paperwork and invoicing of customers.
- Other duties as assigned.What We Look For in a Candidate
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Must be qualified to be licensed in all states where
CenturyLink/Lumen conducts business.
- Qualification starts by passing a background check (criminal,
misdemeanor and drug screen)
- NFPA Level 1 License
- Minimum 1 to 3 years installation and service of CCTV, Card
Access, Security and Industrial Fire Systems in training or
- Successful completion of on the job training, on line courses
- Excellent and effective communications (oral and written) and
- Ability to effectively manager situations without constant
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to be on 24/7 call rotation work weekends, extended
hours, and holidays as required to meet the needs of the
- Experience or training in the operations of all office
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- NICET Level 1
- NFPA Level 2A and Level 2B
What to Expect NextRequisition #: 259352EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary RangeSalary Min :33300Salary Max :74400This information
reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based
on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on
location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other
relevant factors.This position is eligible for either short-term
incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also
are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus
structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to
answer any additional questions you may have as you move through
the selection process.As part of our comprehensive benefits
package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary
Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical,
mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by
clicking here.Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and
ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
provisions.Salary RangeSalary Min :33300Salary Max :74400This
information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based
on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's
location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual
experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage
you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which
you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to
discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Keywords: Lumen, Monroe , Security Technician II - Monroe LA, Engineering , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!