Company: Mountain Express Oil Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Store Manager is responsible for the management and success of
a convenience store operation to include retail operations, fuel
management, food service, and staff. The Store Manager will lead
their team to ensure execution of organizational objectives and
achievement of the store and profit goals. Maximize store
profitability through managing all controllable expenses,
optimizing all revenue streams, and leading and developing a
high-performing team. Store Managers are responsible for customer
and associate satisfaction, store and brand standards, and
- Ensure a positive shopping experience for all customers.
Respond to and resolve customer complaints. Solicit customer
feedback, input, and information to formulate a plan for
consistently meeting the expectations of all customers.
- Responsible for staffing the store appropriately to cover the
customer and business demands of the store.
- Recruit and select store employees. Proactively identify hiring
needs across the store. Conduct interviews and process candidates
following the established procedure. Consult with the District
Manager before making final hiring decisions.
- Allocate resources, prioritize and delegate work, and
effectively manage time through efficient scheduling and usage of
- Ensure the training process is conducted effectively and as
designed. Validate that all associates are trained to perform their
jobs safely and effectively. Oversee and monitor all aspects of
training to ensure proficiency.
- Create and sustain a safe and positive work environment through
diversity, understanding, and respect. Promote a productive,
engaged team environment. Value team members through celebration
- Develop associates through effective employee engagement tools
(e.g., Performance evaluations, development plans, career
assessments, developmental opportunities, coaching, counseling,
etc.). Provide overall support and direction for the team.
- Ensure conditions across the store meet or exceed standards for
safety, service, and overall operational efficiency by reacting to
opportunities and ensuring execution of established policies,
procedures, practices, and programs. Report and document all
customer and associate incidents in the appropriate time
- Analyze and react to Profit and Loss statements and utilize
other reports to ensure stores profitability. Manage inventory and
stock levels to maximize sales, control costs, and reduce waste.
Manage and enforce cash and inventory management procedures.
Proactively recognize trends across the store and market.
- Analyze results and trends from audits and inspections and take
the appropriate action to resolve/address any issues.
- Adhere to and enforce federal and state laws, and company
policy regarding the sale of alcohol, tobacco, lottery, and all
other age-restricted products.
- Monitor and report all competitive fuel prices every morning
and as changes occur. Ensure gas price changes are made accurately
- Interact with and motivate team members to drive sales plans,
promotions, and programs to meet store objectives.
- Complete daily reports and paperwork entry correctly and
- Research cash shortages and report violations to the District
- Prepare deposits according to company policy and deliver
deposits to the bank daily.
- Ensure the proper execution of assigned foodservice programs
and procedures. Assure fresh, quality food, hot coffee and
beverages are available at all times.
- Follow and enforce company uniform, appearance, and dress code
- Adhere to and enforce the execution of established safety and
security policies and procedures.
- Ensure the proper execution of all assigned store-level
- Check-in external and internal vendors according to standards
- Follow and enforce all company policies, procedures, and
- Monitor and direct activity within the store to ensure the
quality of customer service and assist as required.
- Provide extraordinary customer service.
- Ensure registers are being operated adhering to all Company
policies and standards. Ensure cashiers Maintain proper cash levels
and follow all cash handling and shift change processes and
procedures to ensure no cash shortages occur.
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of store equipment.
Ensure work orders are submitted promptly and the appropriate
person/agency is contacted in case of emergency or safety
- Ensure all areas of the store and surrounding grounds are neat,
clean, and organized.
- Ensure that the store complies with health code requirements
related to food service handling based on local, state, and federal
- Ensure that robbery and incident prevention procedures are
- Meet regularly with the District Manager to discuss store
- Report all workers comp and customer accidents promptly.
- Oversee food service operations in appropriate stores. Should
have adequate knowledge to run in times of need.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned to
accommodate store operational needs.
- Lead by example with a sense of urgency and purpose, treating
others with a positive and respectful attitude.
- 6 months experience preferred
- Basic language and mathematical skills.
- Must maintain a current, valid, unrestricted driver's license
with an insurable driving record.
- Must be self-directed, needing little supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented with exceptional organizational
- Proven leadership skills and decision-making ability.
- Ability to Multitask, perform repeated bending, reaching,
prolonged standing, and be able to occasionally lift to 50
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week. Willingness and
availability to work all shifts, weekends, nights, and holidays as
required by the needs of the business.
- Must be able to reliably report to work on time, as
- Must be responsible, dependable, and acceptable to change.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Mountain Express Oil Company, Monroe , Manager, Executive , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!