Youth Case Manager
Company: Cocoon House
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Cocoon House we empower young people, families, and
communities in Snohomish County to break the cycle of homelessness
through outreach, housing, and prevention. Currently the Youth Case
Manager works to ensure that youth are setting and maintaining
progress toward goals in various domains including basic needs,
life skills, education, employment, health, mental health, and
substance use. Our Youth Case Manager....
- Ensures safety of youth by assessing emergency situations,
de-escalating situations, and seeking proper support.
- Follows mandated reporter requirements by documenting incidents
and calling CPS appropriately
- Maintains a cooperative environment free of discrimination,
retaliation and harassment.
- Ensures that residents are following guidelines of
- Provides services and support during their stay.
- Relates with youth and staff with a positive and collaborative
- Maintains and demonstrates healthy boundaries with youth. What
does a shift look like? Full-Time
- Develop realistic long-term or transitional housing plans with
residents when required.
- Make appropriate referrals for medical, dental, mental health,
and chemical dependency needs.
- Meet weekly with the residents assigned to caseload.
- Maintain all necessary logs and paperwork regarding client
files with accurate data and ensuring pertinent information is
communicated on appropriate forms, logs, and calendars.
- Maintain individual and common files.
- Communicate directly with other providers to assure youth are
following through with their commitments and developing community
- Attend community meetings and ability to direct wrap-around
meetings with staff and youth.
- Communicate with staff regarding youth needs and case plan
follow through. Pay Scale: $20-22/hr Cocoon House will provide
reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with disabilities
upon request. Candidates with lived experience, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+
are strongly encouraged to apply! General:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field of
- Experience and ability to work effectively with youth
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Show proof of a COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Clear a background check with DCYF.
- Possess a valid Washington State driver's license, insurance
and reliable transportation. Physical:
- Both orally and in writing, communicate effectively with youth,
staff, other programs, vendors and the public.
- Be able to hear voices and alarms.
- Possess close vision, far vision, side vision, depth
perception, and visual ability to read a variety of materials.
- Have dexterity of hands and fingers to reach, handle and
operate telephone, computer keyboard, and record information in
appropriate youth files and logs.
- Ability to perform range of physical motions, exerting up to 50
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling,
squatting, and stooping
- Running for brief periods of time
- Go up and down stairs PI187541347
Keywords: Cocoon House, Monroe , Youth Case Manager, Executive , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!