Full-Time RD Property Manager LA
Company: Sunquest Properties
Posted on: March 15, 2023
AFFORDABLE RD PROPERTY MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Regional Property Manager
Non-Exempt - eligible for overtime
The Property Manager is accountable for all community operations.
The purpose of the Property Manager is to effectively manage and
coordinate persons, activities, and available resources in order to
accomplish community objectives as set forth by the Regional
Property Manager and property owner. These objectives will include
maximizing occupancy levels and community values. In addition, the
Property Manager will train the assistant manager, if applicable,
to assume all managerial duties in the event of the Manager's
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with Sunquest Properties'
policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities
Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State
- In conjunction with the RPM, the Property Manager will assist
in the formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year. The
Property Manager is responsible for staying within the established
budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Actively maintain and report monthly variances and
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a
timely manner. Makes sure that all bank deposits are made
- Performs evictions and utility cut-offs.
- Maintains constant vendor/contractor communications concerning
work scheduling, billings, vendor relations, and certificates of
insurance. The Property Manager is responsible for approving and
submitting all invoices to the corporate office for payment.
- Makes rental rate recommendations to Regional Property Manager.
- Trains, motivates, and supervises all on-site staff in order to
achieve operational goals of the assigned community. This includes
new employee orientation and training, ongoing formal and informal
performance evaluation, review and approval of timesheets, and
instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and
- Provides comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees.
Facilitates disciplinary procedures and documentation up to and
including terminations of employment if necessary.
- Conducts ongoing training with office staff; e.g., leasing
paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that
may be needed daily. SAFETY
- Reports all liability and community incidents to the corporate
office immediately. Ensures that all workers' compensation claims
are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- Property manager will complete any pertinent safety checklists
with maintenance staff. ADMINISTRATIVE/OFFICE
- Ensure that all files are in compliance with LIHTC, HUD, or RD
guidelines as applicable for the property and work closely with the
compliance department. This includes keeping files in the 6 tab
orders after sending them to compliance for review and filing in an
organized manner. Ensure that you are using up-to-date forms at all
times as sent out from compliance.
- Prepare for and attend all scheduled inspections for all
reporting agencies, including, but not limited to LIHTC, MOR, REAC,
and all meetings with investing agents.
- Keep Real Page systems updated with current leasing, financial,
and compliance information.
- Ensures that lease files are complete and that completion of
leases is being executed properly. Approves in writing all leases
on the property. Keep up-to-date letters of recertification (120,
90, 60, and 30) and send them out in a timely and regular fashion.
Verify all income, assets, and expenses as required by federal and
state guidelines and process all rental agreements accordingly.
Complete all interims, if applicable, in a timely manner as
required by guidelines. Ensure that any rent increase is
accompanied by a 30-day notice of rent increase. Ensure that all
information in the file matches the information that is sent to
compliance and is recorded in Real Page regarding vouchers, RD
assistance, or any other rental agreements.
- Complete corrections in a timely manner (30 days or less).
- HUD properties adhere to all EIV requirements including
securing confidential items in the locking filing cabinet and
storing EIV reports for residents in a file in an envelope marked
EIV CONFIDENTIAL. In addition, complete yearly EIV training in
cooperation with the compliance department. Follow up on any EIV
discrepancies and work closely with compliance in collecting any
owed debt. Run all EIV reports as required by compliance in the
time allotted - do not miss EIV deadlines.
- Resident move-outs and move-ins must be accompanied by an
accurate inspection and all paperwork that applies to the file. All
Move Outs are stored for 5 years and then shredded.
- Responsible for offices opening on schedule, condition of
office, and model/show apartment (if applicable).
- Attends scheduled management meetings with Regional Property
Manager, usually held on a quarterly basis at the location
specified by the Regional Property Manager.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a
daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submits required reports to
corporate offices on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Periodic inspection with resident move-in/move-outs.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident
communications; e.g., complaints, service requests, etc.
- periodic inspection with resident move-in/move-outs as required
for compliance guidelines. MAINTENANCE
- Physically walk and inspect the community regularly; check on
- Updates Real Page software indicating vacancy status on a daily
basis. Coordinates with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure
the timely condition of apartments after move-out.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor to monitor and
schedule all maintenance activity.
- Answer after-hours calls to determine whether an emergency
needs to be attended to and send on-call maintenance.
- Conduct market surveys quarterly and provide trend report
information. Shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market
- Welcome and show community to prospective new residents. Also,
handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and
complete appropriate paperwork.
- Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends
via trade publications, professional organizations, and community
- Accept applications in accordance with fair housing guidelines,
keep waiting lists updated and file all rejected applications as
required by compliance. All applications must also include a
landlord verification. QUALIFICATIONS
- Position prefers 3 years of experience in on-site property
management; 1 year as a property manager.
- Must have a background in supervision and a successful track
record of accomplishments. COMPUTER SKILLS
- Word Processing/Real Page is preferred. (Must be proficient
with a calculator, Excel) LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
- Would like the applicant to have the following designation for
the type of property managed but not required
- Rural Development and Section 8 - Certified Occupancy
Specialist (COS -)
- Full-time hours- salaried position. Must be available on
weekends for staffing needs and emergencies. DRIVING/TRAVELING
- Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to inspect
competitive apartment communities and the surrounding
neighborhoods, supply runs, Regional meetings, etc.
- Occasional use of a golf cart may be necessary.
- Must have a valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
In order to achieve success, the Sunquest team must embrace certain
core principles and values.
- Tenacity & Enthusiasm
- Drive ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Attendance is an imperative job function.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this
position and comply with policies, rules, and procedures of the
company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook, or
otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, sit, stand, walk, climb stairs &
ladders, reach, lift, pull, push, balance, crouch, crawl, kneel and
lift or carry weight up to 40 pounds. May be exposed to inside and
outside environmental conditions, chemical hazards, respiratory
hazards, extreme cold for more than 1 hour at a time, and extreme
heat for more than 1 hour at a time. OTHERREQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal history
background check prior to employment with Sunquest Properties,
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and
work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the
duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and
addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required
to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job
duties, responsibilities, and assignments required by company
officials. This job description does not constitute an employment
contract between the company and any employee. The job
responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in
other functions to ensure satisfactory operations.
Keywords: Sunquest Properties, Monroe , Full-Time RD Property Manager LA, Executive , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...