Hospice Care Consultant
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Hospice Care Consultant (HCC) is responsible for modeling the 3
Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for
promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success
as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of
Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships
within the company, among all departments, and all external
stakeholders. The HCC is responsible for leading the business
development activities to drive admissions within assigned book of
business. Through cross-functional cooperation, the HCC is
responsible for the total value creation from the account
relationships within the book of business. The HCC will be the
primary face of the company to these referral sources and will
develop business plans, marshal the company's resources to secure
growth, build collaboration and report success against these
Position Specific Responsibilities
* In specified assigned accounts within the book of business, the
HCC generates demand for Compassus services by constantly improving
the company's competitive position.
* Responsible for achieving and growing total revenue, including
hospice admissions in assigned book of business. Assists in
advancing market position consistent with Company goals. Achieves
deep and thorough account penetration and develops new target
accounts to obtain new and expanded referral relationships.
* Understands the strategic context of the referral persons and the
markets in which Compassus competes.
* Builds relationships at all levels within the customer
organization and utilizes a higher level of referral person call
point to build robust relationships with influencer, decision
makers and account champions.
* Communicates with, aligns, and collaborates with the extended
Compassus colleagues to execute on the book of business growth
* Articulates plans to cross functional stakeholders and gains
commitment to collaborate and execute.
* Responsible for complete book of business analysis and planning
to ensure growth goals are achieved.
* Develops and manages key referral relationships. Services book of
business and interfaces directly with physicians, staff, and
* Serves existing and prospective referral relationships by
discovering customer needs and requirements and by meeting or
exceeding their expectations.
* Conducts growth presentations for new and existing referral
sources as necessary.
* Continuously works with referral sources to monitor performance
and identify needs.
* Provides clinical training and education to customers. Assists in
disseminating clinical information to referral sources,
coordinating relevant colleague interactions to assist with growth
goals of assigned book of business.
* Maintains up-to-date and accurate records in the CRM. Interfaces
with leadership, marketing and executive team to quantify needs and
to provide intelligence to management on competition and service
* Keeps abreast of new programming and service offerings in the
market and of current and future Company solutions.
* Monitors and reports service complaints or concerns.
* Consistently works to improve personal knowledge and selling
acumen to become of greater value to the most important current and
prospective referral sources and to the Company.
* Maintains the necessary reporting documents, including CRM
records, admissions and referral forecasts, pipeline, market
trends, competitor activities, and strategic initiatives reports
that provide adherence to Compassus policy.
* Responsible for the success of the assigned book of business in
terms of the Compassus' reputation and profitability.
* Networks extensively within assigned book of business and related
* Manages complex, interdepartmental referral source decision
makers, influencers and champions.
* Ensures that the Compassus' relationship is indispensable and
irreplaceable to the referral source.
* Requires cultural sensitivity within a diverse work
* Maintains knowledge of referral source's long-term goals,
objectives, and overall business strategies.
* Engages current and prospective referral sources in new solution
* Drives the referral source's organization toward mutually agreed
upon clinical standards and education goals.
* Provides insights to positively impact the Compassus strategic
* Increases credibility and brand awareness in the marketplace.
* Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the
* Acts as an ambassador of professional standards.
* Marshals company resources, including account management,
clinical education, relationship building, referral development and
* Ensures Compassus services are in demand across the assigned book
of business to meet or exceed assigned targets for all referral
* Coordinates with other colleagues to provide customer focus after
the admission and during the referral process to increase positive
customer relationships and to identify other growth opportunities
in their assigned book of business.
* Responsible for submitting a variety of reports, including CRM
reporting, as well as growth plans in a timely and accurate
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's in Business and/or equivalent combination of education
* Previous successful related experience, including five plus years
of related industry experience, of which included a successful
track record in customer relationship and account management in the
appropriate industry segment.
* Proven selling and customer relationship management skills with
the ability to navigate a sales process to include
* Strong clinical knowledge, with the confidence to knowledgably
engage key stakeholders such as physicians, clinical staff, nurses,
and department managers to present a value proposition.
* Professional presence that influences desired results with both
external and internal stakeholders.
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
* Language Skills: Ability to use communication methods and
strategies that influence desired results at senior levels within
the assigned Accounts. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Proven
effective verbal, computer, written and presentation/communication
* Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand, read, write,
and speak English. Articulates and embraces hospice philosophy.
Ability to quickly adapt and respond to job, environmental, and
industry changes. Ability to effectively manage assigned accounts
in terms of driving utilization, customer relationship management,
problem resolution, and business planning.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
* A valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by a
colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear.
The colleague frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with
hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to walk;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or
smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move more than 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision. The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. There will be possible
exposure to infectious diseases through working with clinical
caregivers. The noise level in the work environment is usually
At Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, diversity,
equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our Pillars of Success. We
are committed to creating a fair work environment where our
colleagues feel welcomed, highly valued, and respected. As an equal
opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Compassus, Monroe , Hospice Care Consultant, Healthcare , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!