Registered Nurse - MedSurg Job in Monroe, LA
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: March 6, 2019
JOB REQUIREMENTSMedical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient's medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
FACILITY DETAILSThis facility has grown over the past 100 years to 352 licensed beds, becoming Northeast Louisiana’s largest healthcare provider. It offers a full range of medical and surgical specialties, including cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery, oncology, physical medicine, critical care for infants, children and adults, emergency services, obstetrics, general surgery, general medicine, skilled care, rehabilitation, and outpatient care. This facility also earned a Hospital grade of “A” in Leapfrog’s Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Scores.
Monroe is the 8th largest city in Louisiana. It is home of a few historic revolutions such as Delta Airlines, who got its start in 1926 and Coca-Cola, who opened its first bottling plant in Monroe! Popular attractions include Biedenharn Home and Gardens, the estate of the first Coke bottler that is now a museum and sculpture garden. The Chennault Aviation and Military Museum of Louisiana has exhibits on Delta Airlines, the local World War II flight school at Selman Field and the volunteer combat unit called the Flying Tigers. Monroe is also home to the University of Louisiana at Monroe offering college sports and events. Outdoor enthusiasts can discover Black Bayou National Wildlife Refuge, an 1,800 acre, cypress-studded land with water and trails to explore or take a trip to the Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo, offering up-close encounters with animals from around the world.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Monroe , Registered Nurse - MedSurg Job in Monroe, LA, Healthcare , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!