RN Stroke Program Coordinator (CTX) (Relo - TX - Sign On Bon
Company: Baylor Scott
Posted on: November 7, 2019
The Stroke Coordinator for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH)
provides operational support in the development, management,
coordination and implementation of Comprehensive Stroke /
Neurovascular Program initiatives. In addition, the Stroke
Coordinator for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
- Works in collaboration with the Medical Director of the Stroke
Program to initiate and manage operations associated with program
development and performance improvement for the stroke
- Serves as a clinical expert in the diagnosis, treatment and
delivery of stroke care, assuring best practice is identified and
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary care team in
providing education and supporting research efforts as it relates
to stroke services.
- Provides internal & external consultation and serves as a
resource for education, document development, project management,
assessment & treatment of stroke patients. Plans & collaborates the
development of community outreach events for public education of
- Provides regular seminars, conferences, & in-services to
nursing staff regarding competency & compliance to standards
outlined by the American Stroke Association, American Heart
Association, & Brain Attack Coalition in the nursing care of
patients who have suffered a stroke.
- Provides education to the Emergency Department & Intensive Care
Unit in best practice stroke care to include the needs of the
stroke patient who arrives w/in the treatment window, including tPA
delivery, post tPA monitoring, & management of real & potential
- Educates & trains ancillary department employees in the
specific expectations of primary stroke centers such as turnaround
time for results of CT scan, laboratory results, EKG, & door to
- Remains current on evidence based practice changes, new
research, & new recommendations from the Joint Commission & the
American Stroke Association.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills,
- Knowledgeable of Neurosciences and stroke care methods.
- Skill in the use of computers and related software
- Verbal, public speaking and written communication skills.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Teaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary care
- Ability to effect system wide changes to improve stroke
- Ability to remain current on evidence based practice changes,
new research, and new recommendations from the Joint Commission &
the American Stroke Association.
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations.
- Location/Facility ------Baylor Scot t& White Medical Center
For more information on the facility, please click our link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice ------Quality
- Shift/Schedule ------ Full-time Days 40 hours a week
- Benefits ------ Our competitive benefits package
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
--is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one
of the largest in the United States.-- With a commitment to and a
track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion
for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation------s
exemplary health care organizations.-- Our is to serve all people
by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary
care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing.
Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it------s accepting a
- Associates Degree
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- 3+years experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott, Monroe , RN Stroke Program Coordinator (CTX) (Relo - TX - Sign On Bon, Healthcare , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!