Delivery Route Driver
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 9, 2019
All Delivery Route Drivers are expected to be proficient in safely
and efficiently driving the assigned pickup and delivery route,
including in times of inclement weather.
This job will be driving a Route on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
and Fridays. Will also work at the Plant on Wednesday.
- Pick up dry cleaning orders from our customers and deliver
completed orders to them
- Drive carefully and obey all traffic laws. Maintain an
acceptable driving record, both personal and business
What You Do
- Pickup orders from customers on the assigned route and unload
them at the plant,
- Load the van and deliver finished orders to the correct
customers on the assigned route
- Account for all orders picked up and delivered using the
established record keeping system
- Sell out orders delivered each day
- Maintain route delivery statistics daily
How You Do This Activity
- Visit every customer listed on the Route to determine if they
have an order to be picked up that day
- Be cheerful and helpful to any customer you meet during your
pickup and delivery process
- Verify that only the orders for that customer-s address are
delivered to the named customer.
- Verify that every order left for us to pick up has a customer
name tag matching the customer at that address.
- Careful driving is critical for this position. You must be
insurable at standard rates. Our vans are clearly identified and
residents unhappy about your driving will let us know.
- The delivery of orders to the proper customer/address
- The pickup of orders from each customer on the route
- The proper sell out of orders to the customer
- The proper record keeping of orders picked up and delivered,
miles driven and other key data
- The safe operation of your vehicle is critical. Should you
receive any citation or arrest for violating traffic laws, whether
on personal time or while working, you must inform your supervisor.
If your violation(s) prevent the Company from obtaining insurance
at standard rates covering your operations of our vehicles, you
will be subject to reassignment or possible termination.
- The safety inspection of your vehicle before every trip each
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Activity Specifications
- Have positive attitude.
- Able to read and write.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and
- Have mathematical skills; ability to match numbers.
- Able to enter (step up) and exit (step down) cargo vans
multiple times every day.
- Able to lift and carry orders weighing up to approximately 30
- Able to climb stairs and carry orders to/from our
- Able to learn and understand basic instructions
Company requires Favorable Background, DMV and Drug Screen for
Why Kelly--?As a worker today, its up to you to take charge of your
career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your
you find whats next is what were all about. We know whats going on
in the evolving world of workjust ask the nearly 500,000 people we
each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance,
and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have
never imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about
whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach
their full potential. In fact, were a
leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because
we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth
opportunities that enable
a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety
of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Monroe , Delivery Route Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!