Sr. Engineer - Wireless Access Planner
Posted on: December 30, 2018
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
This Fixed Wireless Access Senior Engineer is a full-time, individual contributor that is part of the CenturyLink Local Planning organization within North America Operations. The Senior Engineer-Fixed Wireless Access is responsible for supporting the network evolution of the fixed wireless access facilities in the local network. This includes developing the local level architecture, business case development and financial modeling of the fixed wireless access facilities in the local network.
- Design and build high availability point-to-point wireless networks
- Design and build high availability point-to-multipoint wireless networks
- Analyze Coverage with Propagation Modeling Tools
- Statistically Tune Propagation Models
- Predict, manage and augment radio capacity
- Optimize the RF environment for assigned networks
- Follow 3GPP and other standards bodies/forums
- Maintain a strong knowledge for the FAA/FCC wireless regulatory environment.
- Partner with Architecture, Global Engineering, and Strategy & Development teams in the development of high level corporate architecture guidelines
- Using the high level corporate architecture guidelines, develop, document and train Regional Planners on a three to five-year local fixed wireless access (FWA) strategy and roadmap.
- Support and ensure market level plans are following the FWA strategy and roadmap.
- Act as the technical liaison between the Local Planning team and the Architecture, Global Engineering, Local Network Implementation, Operations, Product, and Strategy & Development teams.
- Be the company subject matter expert (SME) of fixed wireless access technology.
- Assist Regional Planners with the integration of approved fixed wireless access products into the network.
- Generate or support the generation of business cases seeking capital funding approval as required.
- Develop and/or utilize models to identify equipment placement that maximizes equipment deployment at the lowest cost.
- Partner with Operations to understand network events, troubles associated with fixed wireless and support any mitigation plan development.
- Support the development of the PEGs (Planning Engineering Guidelines) for fixed wireless access equipment.
This Engineer is a strong, self-motivated individual with the ability to negotiate and communicate professionally in a dynamic and fast paced environment while maintaining the highest level of integrity and quality in their work.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related engineering technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in wireless system design (PMP, PTP, mobile).
- 7+ years in a network engineering/planning environment or related technical job field.
- Proven ability to generate or support the generation of business cases seeking capital funding approval
- Strong communication skills
- Design, deployment and optimization experience acquired with a wireless provider, consultancy, or radio equipment supplier.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Layer 2/Layer 3 networking, protocols, design, implementation, and operation.
- Proven RF Engineering design of over 1,000 cell sites
- Proven point-to-point design expertise (all common frequencies)
- Proven point-to-multipoint design experience (all common frequencies)
- Proven ability to perform model tuning
- Strong LTE knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of FCC and FAA requirements
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to independently manage workload and intergroup expectations.
- Comfortable working in a small team and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments.
- Strong knowledge of accepted engineering practices.
- Strong computer software knowledge including Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.
Bachelors or Master's
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 206788
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Monroe , Sr. Engineer - Wireless Access Planner, IT / Software / Systems , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!