LEAD PLANNING ENGINEER
Posted on: June 6, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by
solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Applies advanced engineering and network principles, theories,
concepts and technologies to solve unusually complex problems and
Leads the development, evaluation and implementation of new and
innovative principles, processes and applications.
- Exercises considerable latitude in decision-making under
limited consultative direction toward predetermined long-range
- Analyzes complex local and wide area network systems and/or
customer network environment, including planning, designing,
evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and
configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and
- Evaluate, recommend, and lead implementation of workflow and
instrumentation improvements for end-to-end workflow across the
Planning, Implementation, and Operations disciplines.
- Support data modelling and business case development for key
initiatives such as Connect America Fund, Rural Digital Opportunity
Fund and Fixed Wireless Access.
- Identify and implement automation improvement opportunities
including script, report, database and/or tool development or
- Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain
operation across all platforms.
- Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and
software as well as subcontractor services. Regarded as subject
matter expert in applied research, development, and design of new
- Acts as primary consultant to leadership detailing the
technical requirements and specifications necessary to obtain
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work
leadership for lower level employees.
- Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires limited direction and guidance with most tasks.
Consulting Level Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Typically with 8+
years of experience.
- General awareness of planning methods and procedures,
installation practices and telecom.
- Familiarity with local planning processes, tools, and data
o Framework (Inventory data for FCC, CAF reporting)
o CDBI (Capacity Data Business Intelligence)
o Tabview inventory, POLL DSLAM
o HSD (DSLAM, ALU, BRAS, Router Inventory)
o DSLAM Exception Tool (L-C DSLAM Bandwidth Exception Report)
o WMS (trunk augments and migrations)
- Experience w/DSLAMs (Adtran, Calix, Tellabs/AFC), routers
(Cisco, Juniper, Nokia/ALU) & other network elements
- Experience with Panorama EMS (UMC1000 DSLAMs), CMS (Calix), SAM
EMS (ALU), EMS (Adtran)
- Scripting and Database experience including SQL, Oracle, and
- SNMP/TL1 protocol access and configuration experience with
DSLAMs, routers, and other network elements is beneficial.
- Telnet/SSH experience accessing network elements, including
writing and/or executing scripts.
- Passionate about analysis
- Relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering,
business intelligence, market research or related field.
- Experience gathering business requirements, using industry
standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate
metrics and build reports.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office software applications
(i.e. Word, Access, etc.) and Excel expertise (VBA, Macro coding,
and comprehensive Pivot Table experience)
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 212843
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Monroe , LEAD PLANNING ENGINEER, IT / Software / Systems , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!