LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Posted on: August 11, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The eShop/Blue Marble Lead Engineer will function as part of a team
effort to create an Omni channel Ordering Experience for the
Consumer Business Unit and Customers. The Engineer will be engaged
in all aspects of development life cycle from requirement review,
design, coding, testing and deployment. Lead others in the
application of principles, theories and concepts and use of
methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures
to complete projects.Job Description
- Partner in an Agile Scrum team environment to be able to
design, develop, code, test, debug and support in production new
software or significant enhancements to existing software
- Work closely with business partners and technical staff to
create technical solutions that meet business and technical
- Build unit tests, debug integration issues and deploy emergency
patches as needed
- Focus on automation and continuous delivery (TDD)
- Coordinate and partner with business teams and other IT teams
inside and outside of the organization to identify and manage
dependencies and deliverables, meeting client expectations.
- Build production-quality enterprise-grade systems that achieve
target SLAs for scalability, reliability, and performance on
- Prioritize and handle multiple concurrent projects and
- Accountability for successfully completing assignments or
tasks; making clear, specific commitments to deliver results.
- Typically 8+ years professional experience with a Bachelor's
Degree or equivalent education and experience and 6 years with a
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycles
- Strong people skills--Effective communication, interpersonal
and analytical skills.
- Training or experience which demonstrates familiarity with
Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and empowered
- Self-starter, can-do attitude a must in a fast-moving business
and technical environment.
- Strong problem solving skills, time management and oral and
written communication skills
- Very good working knowledge of cloud-based Restful web
- Some exposure to Kubernetes, Docker or SonarQube is
- Highly experienced with back-end programming languages
- Working knowledge of API interactions to database technologies
including MongoDB or Datastax(Cassandra), Oracle, mySQL.
- Data structuring tools like XSD, XML, JSON
- Experience with Splunk, Swagger API, Postman, Spring Boot
- Workflow processing using Camunda
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or
- Automation tools including Maven / Jenkins / GoCD
- Enterprise Messaging with Kafka
- Experience with SalesForce / Vlocity implementation is
Bachelors or EquivalentMasters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 214042
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Monroe , LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, IT / Software / Systems , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!