Company: LHC Group, Inc.
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Company Overview: Speciality Hospital is hiring for an RN
(Registered Nurse)$10,000 Sign On Bonus!!Exciting opportunity for a
Full Time RN to join our team at Specialty Hospital in Monroe!
Night shift availableThe Registered Nurse (RN) assumes full nursing
responsibility for the delivery of care to all patients in the
hospital. Continuously evaluates personal and professional
performance and makes necessary changes to increase productivity
and quality of care delivered. Adheres to and supports the
policies/procedures/goals/objectives of the hospital in an attempt
to provide quality patient care. Strives for independence and
strong sound decision making in delivery of health care, and does
so in a cost-effective manner without compromising quality of care
and techniques. Develops the patient plan of care and implements
treatment strategies that are based on scientific nursing theory
related to self-care and that promote physical, psychosocial, and
spiritual health. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
Possesses good communication skills, both verbally and
written.Specialty Hospital, a part ofLHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose:It's all about
helping people. Additional Details: Education Requirements
- Registered Nurse from an accredited school of
- ICU experience, preferred.License Requirements
- CPR certification.
- ACLS certification
- Current RN license in the state of LouisianaLicense Desired
- CCRN/PCCN certification, preferredSkill Requirements
- Knowledge of general nursing theory/practice and the ability to
supervise and delegate to LPNs, CNAs, and other support staff as
- Possesses the specialized knowledge and clinical skills
necessary to provide care for people with physical disability and
- Shares information about the disease processes and underlying
disabilities with other nurses and team members
- Performs hands-on nursing care by utilizing the nursing process
to achieve quality outcomes for the patients.
- Initiates and completes a nursing assessment within the
specified time frame, according to hospital policy.
- Assesses the physical, psychological, socio-cultural, and
spiritual dimensions of patients and their families, as well as
their educational and discharge needs in order to formulate a plan
- Implements a plan of care based upon recognized functional
needs/problem lists, and modifies the plan of care as needed, to
achieve measurable goals and objectives.
- Develops goals in collaboration with patients, their families,
and the team, that are oriented to wellness behavior and are
reality based and encourage socialization with others.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team process at team
conferences and other team meetings and offers input into team
- Intervenes with team members and other healthcare professionals
to ensure the optimal recovery is made available to the
- Collaborates with team members to achieve cost-effective care
by utilizing appropriate clinical measures to meet the patient's
- Documents nursing interventions, changes in the patient's
condition, physician visits, etc., on the nurses daily flow sheet,
according to the hospital policy and procedures.
- Administers medications according to hospital policy and
procedures within the designated time frames.
- Possesses knowledge of ventilator settings/parameters and
- Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider
alternatives and choose appropriate courses of action with a
- Demonstrates an ability to perform duties in a manner
consistent with the patient's Bill of Rights.
- Demonstrates the ability to delegate and supervise nursing
tasks to LPNs, CNAs and clerks as indicated.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds appropriately
using current ACLS protocols.
- Teaches nursing techniques to help patients and their families
develop self care skills necessary to move toward wellness on the
- Prepares patients and families for future decision making
responsibilities by fostering their independence and goal
- Reinforces teaching done by the other team members and provides
resource materials for the patient's changing needs.
- Provides in-services education as needed to patients and their
families in regard to disease processes
- Assists with the education of the nursing staff in regards to
patient care issues and disease processes by conducting one
in-service at least every six months.
- Dietary management responsibilities include supervising and/or
delegating the supervision of patient tray checks for accuracy of
each diet ordered, portion sizes of all three meals each day for
each patient; reports discrepancies in the patient's meal and/or
meal service to the Registered Dietician and if necessary, ensures
that the correct tray is re-ordered and delivered to the patient in
a timely manner.
Keywords: LHC Group, Inc., Monroe , RN, Other , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!