Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
The Director of Government Operations will be responsible for
managing data analysis, mapping, pricing support, and additional
issues as requested for Lumen's Public Policy and Compliance
Organization. Seeking strategically focused and collaborative
leader that has integrity and will be focused on employee growth
and development while streamlining a team to support the mission
and success of the business. Must be a regulatory and technical
expert who can rapidly provide advice, interpretations, and
recommendations to guide business, compliance, and risk management
The Main Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for the development of
Lumen's corporate policies, advising business units on network
deployment and product enablement, advocating to advance the
company's interests, and ensuring compliance with legal and
regulatory obligations. In doing so, you will:
- Promote and advocate Lumen's strategic goals and
- Facilitate the development of corporate policies that target
federal/state funding to strategically advance Lumen's broadband
deployment and mapping initiatives.
- Balance and protect the company's varied interests, including
mitigating potential penalties and reducing or eliminating
- Successfully interact with internal and external customers,
including Federal and State government representatives.
- Influence the development of government policies and industry
- Develop maps that effectively visualize and track the impact of
federal/state policies and programs.
- Correlate and automate the aggregation and creation of mapping
datasets from various internal and external data sources.
- Develop and maintain spatial data utilized in models.
- Automate report production and distribution where
- Develop and communicate strategic corporate policies for
- Manage compliance metrics, investigations, and reporting.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-organizational teams.
- Anticipate shifts in technologies and trends.
- Supervise and direct the activities of a team responsible for
successful operation of assigned functional areas while also
providing work direction to peers and employees in other
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Expert knowledge of Universal Service Funding Programs,
including the Connect America Fund and Rural Digital Opportunity
- Extensive experience with broadband mapping and reporting,
including initiatives to transition from FCC Form 477 to the
Digital Opportunity Data Collection.
- Geospatial information system (e.g., ArcGIS, Alteryx) expertise
- Ability to analyze, manipulate and understand large data
- Python or similar scripting language experience preferred.
- Internally driven self-starter, able to work without
significant oversight and lead projects from start to finish.
- Ability to work independently, as well as lead a team, while
managing multiple complex issues concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex issues
both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work, make sound decisions and exercise
- Knowledge of Lumen's Products and Services.
- Creative problem-solver that has strong analytical skills.
- Successful history of leading and coaching team members with
varying levels of experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Preference for the following disciplines: GIS, CIS, Finance,
Economics, and Accounting
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 251934
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to
all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship,
national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for
this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums
may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or
sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for
long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you
can view additional information here. We're able to answer any
additional questions you may have as you move through the selection
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a
broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits
and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and
financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are
governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job
based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the
job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on
individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors.
We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in
and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are
welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection