Company: SouthStar Urgent Care
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The Radiologic Technologist prepares for and performs standard
x-ray examinations utilizing x-ray equipment, while using proper
technique and positioning per provider orders. The Rad Tech will
also be responsible for performing blood draws, taking vital signs,
inputting medical histories, administering medication injections
and vaccines as well as assisting providers in medical procedures.
The ideal Rad Tech is energetic, eager to learn, has a positive
attitude and above all else, has a passion for patient care!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Follow prescribed safety standards in operating all required
- Experience with positioning patients and x-ray equipment to
achieve desired diagnostic image
- Knowledge and experience with appropriate shielding
- Prepare patients for examination, taking vital signs and
history, and provides treatment as applicable
- Performs blood draws and administers medication injections and
- Prepares exam/treatment rooms; select, setup, sterilize, and
maintain medical supplies and equipment for procedures
- Select length and intensity of radiation exposure on individual
patient basis or to specification of examination
- Use of CR and DR systems
- Examine images for properties such as density, contrast,
definition, magnification, and distortion
- Send and store images
- Perform other duties as assignedRequirements and
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology
- Certification/License: Current state Radiologic Technologist
licensure. Current BLS for Healthcare Providers required.
- Experience: Prior Radiologic Technologist experience
(preferred), however new graduates are encouraged to applyCommunity
Care Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Keywords: SouthStar Urgent Care, Monroe , Radiologic Technologist, Other , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!