Authorization & Accounts Receivable Specialist
Company: The Center for Children and Families
Posted on: January 27, 2023
THE CENTER FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
Authorization and Accounts Receivable Specialist
Provide a range of services in order to process and maintain
accurate records pertaining to all client authorization files
receiving services from The Center for Children and Families. This
position is also responsible for Billing all Medicaid services.
They provided support by ensuring that all denied claims are
researched and resubmitted if collectable. This position also
assists the Financial Team in revenue analysis and other relevant
The Authorization Specialist should have the following skills and
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (preferred).
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of
- Knowledge and understanding of word processing programs, excel,
file maker pro, e-mail, and the internet.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to organize files and electronic information.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate with coordinators and directors about
upcoming tasks that need to be completed.
- Commitment to CFCF's Goals and Mission.
This position will report directly to the Authorization and
Accounts Receivable Supervisor
- Maintains client authorization folders for all clients of The
Center for Children and Families.
- Files all necessary paperwork.
- Submits new and concurrent requests for services to appropriate
- Completes necessary paperwork and phone calls to fix and/or end
- Reports to appropriate supervisors when necessary client
paperwork is missing or needed.
- Copies and mails necessary letters to collaterals.
- Faxes and sends appropriate authorization paperwork.
- Emails supervisors and therapists updated authorization
- Daily reviews updated authorizations.
- Review weekly checks from all Medicaid Payers.
- Troubleshoot any denied/rejected claims.
- Gather information for write-offs of any uncollectable
- Notify Coordinators of any deductions from therapists that were
produced from write-offs for exceeded units.
- Attend Staff Meetings and Huddles
- Complete Timesheets monthly.
- Participate in performance evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: The Center for Children and Families, Monroe , Authorization & Accounts Receivable Specialist, Other , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!