Senior Lead Product Strategist
Posted on: November 24, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Sr. Lead Product Strategy Manager will be responsible for
assessing, developing, and assisting in setting the strategic
product direction for CenturyLink.Job Description
Candidate will create and execute on strategies and roadmaps in a
wide range of customer segments from Global to Consumer. Candidate
will identify new revenue and market opportunities by evaluating
product trends and competitive offerings in the market, work
closely with internal cross functional teams to define service
descriptions / requirements, create uses cases, pricing, packaging,
and bundling. The candidate must be a strong strategic thinker who
is knowledgeable of emerging technology trends in the
- Lead analysis and strategy formulation to determine business
opportunities that align with department goals and prioritize
products and services focusing on new revenue streams.
- Assess customer needs across different segments, create use
cases, and develop value proposition.
- Make recommendations for full product portfolio roadmap and
product packaging/ bundling as well as leverage synergies with
existing CenturyLink services and solutions.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of competitive voice
and video, managed services, IT, and telecom technologies across
the competitive landscape and associated market advancements.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of product pricing,
packaging and discounting across the competitive landscape along
with channel and product implications.
- Strong communication skills to ensure alignment across the
business (including operations, development, product management,
marketing, sales, support) and ability to communicate strategic
product plans for solutions to all stakeholders and senior
- Participate and lead cross functional teams, vendor teams as
well as analyst interactions and insights to drive toward a
strategic long term roadmap.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10 + years experience with strategy, product, and market
development and planning
- Proven success in strategic planning, product incubation,
development, and product launch
- Significant experience in the areas of voice, unified
communications and video/entertainment solutions and service
including high level technical knowledge, protocols, trends, and
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint with the ability to develop
analyst/ consultant quality presentations
- Experience in construction of business cases, pricing, and cost
models to support investment of new, innovative services
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills with
the ability to successfully communicate ideas and recommendations
to all levels within an organization with a view to achieving
- Excellent analytical, decision making, problem solving, and
- Experience in contract negotiations and vendor management
- Bachelor's degree, B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field with MS or MBA
- Technical expertise and knowledge in application development
along with familiarity of access technologies and implications
Bachelors or EquivalentMasters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 217200
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Monroe , Senior Lead Product Strategist, Other , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!