Security Installation Technician I
Posted on: October 10, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
We have an immediate need for a Security Technician in the greater
Monroe area. The CenturyLink Security team
provides quality security and life safety services, including
installation, service and monitoring of intrusion and fire
alarm systems, as well as, CCTV, Card Access, Nurse Call,
Intercom/Music and SMART HOME systems.Job Description
The Security Technicians primary responsibilities include but are
not limited to the following:
- Installation and repair of multiple types of systems including
Security, Life Safety (intrusion and fire alarm),
- CCTV, Card Access, Nurse Call, Intercom/Music, Central Vacuum
and SMART HOME systems.
- Recommend, upgrade and maintain in-house and customer systems
including Central Station equipment.
- Up sell products and services to customers.
- Educating customers on proper operations of systems.
- Maintain vehicle, company supplies, and inventory.
- Complete paperwork and invoicing of customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Must be qualified to be licensed in all states where
CenturyLink conducts business.
- Valid drivers license, with a satisfactory driving record.
- Able to work at heights greater than 18 feet (i.e., on a
ladder, on a roof, in a lift truck, or on a pole).
- Able to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces,
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Full participation and successful completion of paid
- Excellent and effective communications and interpersonal
- Ability to effectively manage situations without constant
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work weekends, extended hours, and holidays as
- Experience or training in the operation of all office
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Be willing and able to travel.
- Previous experience in construction and/or the installation and
repair of security systems.
- NFPA Level 1
- NICET Level 1
- NFPA Level 2A and Level 2B
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 215976
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Monroe , Security Installation Technician I, Professions , Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!